[DML] Re: Dave Teitlebaum & Tom Neiland win the Fix Dave Delman's igniti

[DML] Re: Dave Teitlebaum & Tom Neiland win the Fix Dave Delman's ignition problem con

What I meant about the impulse coil is that they seem to fail
completely or intermittantly, either way the motor won't run. What we
don't see is a coil that makes the motor run badly, it seems to be all
or nothing. As for Dave's car, many owners would not go to the lengths
he went to to get the motor to run smooth. I see a lot of cars that
don't run smooth, the owners live with it, I guess either because they
don't know better or don't want to spend the time and the money to get
it right. The point is they can be made to run smooth, it can take a
lot of work to do it though!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dick Ryan" <deloreanbiker@...> wrote:

> David, you are pretty much right on target as usual.  As the former
> owner of 6530 ( Now Dave Delman's) I did have problems with the
> impulse coil and had it replaced.
>
> However, I must point out that the intermittant failure of the coil
> did, in fact, cause problems when the motor was running.  In fact,
> when the coil got hot, an extremely small break in the wire would
> separate and the engine would stop and not restart until the engine
> compartment had sufficiently cooled. (This was usually just before the
> tow truck would arrive!!)
>
> This took some time to diagnose.  The replacement coil was installed
> in '91.  It seems odd to me that this would just now be causing a
> problem.
>
> Dick Ryan
> VIN 16867
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@> wrote:
>  The Detecting coil (impulse coil/pick-up coil)
> > seems to usually fail either completely or intermittantly, it does
> not seem to change the operation of the motor once it is running.
>

> Maybe the coil was changed in the distributer at some time
> in the past. D
>
> Dave is not the origional owner.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional