From: Ryan Wright <ryanpwright@xxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 2:44:56 PM
Subject: Re: [DML] Windshield Film Driving Me Nuts

            Yeah, same problem here and my dash is original. I've always assumed

the composition of the glass was a little different than most cars,

thus the cause. The film doesn't form on my other windows, or on the

dash or anywhere else in the car, just on the windshield. Also, like

you, it only happens on hot, sunny days. I keep a couple of rags

behind my seat to clean the window with.

Responding to Robert, I can't possibly see how mine could be related

to coolant; wouldn't you smell it? I'd think the smell would be pretty

obvious.

I agree this is annoying. A fix would be nice.

-Ryan

On 6/24/07, Steel Wings <steelwings@comcast. net> wrote:

> Almost every sunny day, a light hazy film forms on the interior of my windshield. I believe

> it may be vinyl chloride out-gassing from the dashboard upholstery due to exposure of UV

>  from the sun. (The dash was re-upholstered nearly five years ago) It seems to happen

> mostly on hot summer days and the windows always look dirty. Our front windshields are

>  not the easiest to clean but I find myself having to do this nasty job at least twice a week

>  all summer. Is anyone aware of any product that I can put on my windshield or

> dashboard to prevent this film from forming? Anyone else having this problem? Thanks!

>  Steelwings,

>  1559

<!--

#ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}