Re: [DML] Windshield Film Driving Me Nuts

Re: [DML] Windshield Film Driving Me Nuts

This may sound nuts but could it be anti-freeze vapors entering the
interior somehow?  I know that forms a haze on the windows.  Does
the car smell odd?

I'm not sure if a heater core is in the cabin and could possibly
have a really small leak?

Tom
#05732

> Almost every sunny day, a light hazy film forms on the interior of
my
> windshield. I believe it may be vinyl chloride out-gassing from the
> dashboard upholstery due to exposure of UV from the sun. (The dash
was
> re-upholstered nearly five years ago) It seems to happen mostly on
hot
> summer days and the windows always look dirty. Our front
windshields are not
> the easiest to clean but I find myself having to do this nasty job
at least
> twice a week all summer. Is anyone aware of any product that I can
put on my
> windshield or dashboard to prevent this film from forming? Anyone
else
> having this problem? Thanks!
> Steelwings,
> 1559