[DML] Re: Broken torsion bar question, answer?

[DML] Re: Broken torsion bar question, answer?

Even if you found the machine and got it for free there would be so
many other expensive things. A machine like that would probably
require a lot of room, heavy power and liquid something that would
generate the cold required. You would also have to have the torsion
bars fabricated. You would need a lot of them because you will be
ruining a few before you figured out how to do the process all over
again. You would have to be able to make left and right bars and would
have to make a big enough run to justify the set-up so you would have
to have a huge inventory of a slow moving part that will cost a
fortune. Not all that different from a press run of S/S panels. I
don't see it happening. In all probability the machine still exists
but could have been changed so it could be making a completely
different part. The tooling is the key here and it may not exist. Then
again if the torsion bar in the Delorean is the same as in the fighter
plane (or very similar) a production run *could* be possible. Who
wants to call Grumman?
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@...> wrote:

> The machine that made these bars has got to be sitting
> in a warehouse somewhere.  :)
>
> --- Kevin Milliken <kevin.milliken@...>
> wrote:
>
> > I have spoken to the company that made these and
> > they did not object to
> > anyone using the
> > technology. The problem is that it is an expensive
> > process.

> Got a little couch potato?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional