From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
ltshaneclarke
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 10:22 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Stupid question for brilliant people-Auto Tranny Blues

Well, as many of you know I've been fighting with my auto tranny for
over 5 years now.  I have lost 3rd gear right out the gate and now
reverse is gone.  So, I am going to attempt to have it flushed and
serviced one more time.  But, I think  it's time to do a new/rebuilt
tranny.  Along with that, every time I drain and refill the system Ican
barely tell where the fill mark is.  I follow the service manual that
says fill with 2 liters and wait until vehicle reaches operating
temperature then add fluid to the fill line.  Every time it jumps from
bottom to high.  I also run it through the gears a few times and that
seems to bring the level down until I fill it again, then boom it's
over the line.  Any help for this idiot would be greatly appreciated on
how much you have had to put in your tranny.  Also, any help on getting
a new/rebuilt tranny and governor and all the fun gaskets to have the
job done would be greatly appreciated.  I know that last year some
people had some for sale.  Thanks again for the world class help this
group offers to morons like me!

Shane Clarke
CAPT, USAF

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews