Re: [DML] Re: 4 Wheel allignment

Where can you find the alignment specifications for a car with the front end lowered?

David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:          On the new machines if they don't have a particular car's specs in the
database the operator (if he knows his machine and what he is doing)
can input the specs manually. If you go to a shop and they tell you
they can't then you should agree with them and leave quickly. Even the
Delorean vendors, for the most part, do not do alignments. These
machines are expensive and take up a lot of space so it is not worth
the investment unless you have a constant stream of cars going on it.
Any good shop with a competant mechanic should be able to do a
Delorean. Don't let them talk you into only doing the front, if you
don't do all 4 wheels don't waste your time and money. Bring the
alignment specs with you in case they don't have them or want to be
sure they have them correctly. When you bring a car in for an
alignment it should be empty of most removable weight, the tires at
the right pressure and not worn out, 1/2 tank of fuel, and no loose,
bent, or worn out parts in the suspension. If you have a lowered car
you CANNOT use the stock specs. Also a good time to replace the TAB's
if they have to be replaced. At least have them inspected.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Oliver Holler <thehauntfactory@...> wrote:

> Actually, my experience may vary. . .:)
> Sears has put tires on our D several times over the miles, but when
> asked to align them,
> their computer came up with *something*, but they couldn't figure out
> how to do it. (The info didn't seem
> to correspond with the vehicle.)
> I quietly coaxed them to lower the car, and then we slowly backed out
> of the garage, waving and smiling.
> -Later visited one of our 'DeLorean Professionals', with more

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)