Re: [DML] DMCH performance exhaust (and other stuff)

Re: [DML] DMCH performance exhaust (and other stuff)

Hi Martin:

Long time no talk to.  Just for the discussion......

Yes, it is tiny RUST as pitting spots that is occurring on the header
pipes which is localized close to the manifolds.....  YUPPO, that's
what it is.

Personally, believe or not it or not, it doesn't both me for I do
understand that is the nature and the characteristics of the actions
that the material that will go through.

As far ANY product with "LIFETIME GUARANTEE???"   It is great to know
as the "business policy" with the company.  I am across the pond and
just to send it back is an extra job, as well in time and money.
So, I did took that point into consideration. t is also one of the
primary reason why I bought the UK system for I believe it to be the
best that there is and that STILL hold true to till date.

As far 304 stainless goes, that grade will spot up if it is exposed
to the elements.  I have had much experiences in the industry when I
was manufacturing specific units for the aquatic trade.  This
spotting effects has also occurred on my car when I drove it in the
snow and I didn't clean it some two weeks later.  The spotting and
the pitting was not deep, so out comes the Scotch Pad and the old
elbow grease.... Now all is well.

For everyone's info, Rob at PJ Grady had a customer's car at his shop
some years back the owner had a plastic cover on for a considerable
of time.  During this period  of time, condensation had built up
between the plastic cover and the car's stainless steel.   The
results???  DEEP SPOTTING AND PITTING!!!  I was amazed to see the
extensive damages that had occurred!  The car now has dark
freckles..... Rob couldn't even salvage the surfaces of the car.
So.......

Kayo Ong
Lic  9D NY

On May 22, 2007, at 7:02 AM, Martin Gutkowski wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Can we differntiate between "rust" per se (ie corrosion that will one
> day lead to the failure of the product) and surface oxidisation, which
> tends to occur even on stainless steel systems, and is unlikely to
> cause
> failure.
>
> The UK system comes with a lifetime guarantee and is made from 304
> stainless. Although you would be responsible for removal/refitting in
> the event of a problem. This is the nature of the motor trade :-(
>
> FWIW I recently read a similar gripe on the Alpine forum from someone
> who had fitted a free-flow stainless system for a GTA Atmo from
> Mecaparts. The manifold cracked after 18 months and was not covered
> under warranty. I'm looking into using the DeLorean manifolds from
> stainless-exhaust.com and supplying to the Alpine community.
>
> Martin
> www.delorean.co.uk
>
> > Matt and All:
> >
> > Be fore warned..... The UK exhaust also discolors and it will also
> > have it's minor rusting problems.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: