Re: [DML] DMCH performance exhaust (and other stuff)

Re: [DML] DMCH performance exhaust (and other stuff)

Matt and All:

Be fore warned..... The UK exhaust also discolors and it will also
have it's minor rusting problems.  Understand that the intense heat
generated by the engine will discolor the header pipes to a brown
colored and the effect is less with the muffler or the tail pipes

As far as I know, all exhaust system will rust if they are made of
regular steel or stainless no matter what the grade used.

I have the UK system  on my car for three years plus and it is a
daily driven in all weather conditions and at times for over five
hours to ten hours straight.  This driving conditions has contributed
to some of the tiny spotting of rust spots on my headers and I have
learn to accept the discoloration and the rusting with the exhaust
systems on my DMC or the other cars I have or had owned.

Another point I would like to bring out and correct me if I am wrong,
if the fillet used is not of the same material as the rest of the
system, this will also contribute to premature rusting to the
welding joints, due to the "dissimilar" metal effect,   It can be
really ugly.  Again, this is something that I have experienced on
other expensive cars and their exhaust system too.   My UK system has
no rust on the welds yet......

So, titanium any one?  It will be very expensive and even titanium
will discolor too, but it will not rust or corrode as the mild and
the stainless steel.....

Kayo Ong
Lic  9D  NY

On May 20, 2007, at 2:42 PM, Matt Spittle wrote:

> I would have paid for it, I'm
> going to buy either the UK exhaust

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional