[DML] Re: DMCH performance exhaust

> Re: DMCH performance exhaust (and other stuff)
> Posted by: "Matt Spittle" matthew.spittle@xxxxxxxxx supermattthehero
> Date: Sun May 20, 2007 1:50 pm ((PDT))
>
> When this exhaust was announced by DMCH, I asked myself, "Why didn't
> they make it stainless?"  And now, years later after hearing all of
> this, I'm asking myself, "Why didn't they make it stainless?"
>
>>snip<<
>
> Yes, it would cost more, but who can afford the car for $42,500 and
> not $2,000 for performance exhaust?  I would have paid for it, I'm
> going to buy either the UK exhaust or John Hervey's stainless exhaust
> (when he sells it).

Yes, cost is a factor. Here's the answer I got when asked the same question...
---
[me] "Any future possibility of your exhaust system being made of stainless?"

[james] "Sure - wouldn't that be ideal? Other than the discoloration problem and
the higher cost of materials, I see no reason why not to do it this way. It's
already a limited market product, so adding this expense doesn't, on the surface,
seem like a viable alternative however."

[me] "I don't see discoloration as a problem."

http://www.dmctalk.com/showpost.php?p=70266&postcount=49
http://www.dmctalk.com/showpost.php?p=70268&postcount=50
---

I understand it doesn't initially seem like a financially wise choice for them,
but with the earlier system rust problems and a few newer ones here and there, I
wonder if it would have been better to go with ss in the beginning. Hindsight is
always 20/20 though.

Shannon Y

http://tv.yahoo.com/

<*> Your email settings: