Re: [DML] Re: DMCH performance exhaust (rust issue - need opinions)

Re: [DML] Re: DMCH performance exhaust (rust issue - need opinions)

Speaking of...I have a similar problem with my Eibach suspension
(banging and clunking, etc.) that I believe DMCH should look into and/or
rectify as being a problem. I have sent numerous emails to DMCH about
it. In the beginning, I did get a response from them and talked to a
higher authority on the issues I was having. When speaking with DMCH on
the phone, they were very polite and understanding, but that was about
all I got. At the DCS, I had a representative of DMCH take a ride with
me and he said that he understands what my problem is and told me to
have my shock tower bent out a bit to remedy the issue. That option
didn't sit well with me. Since that time, nothing has been done to fix
it and my suspension has become worse. I have sent DMCH a number of
emails (also asking about the headlight switch) and have not yet had a
response or the courtesy of a phone call. Though DMCH did email me on
4/29, saying they weren't ignoring me, I have yet to hear anything back
since, even though I have sent another email reminding them of that last
correspondence.

Reading this post on the exhaust, dealing with my suspension problem and
hearing other stories makes me concerned. I only hope that behind the
scene, these issues are being worked on. At the very least, DMCH,
please, keep the lines of communication open to those of us that voice
our issues with you.

Respectfully,

- Joshua Schwartz
001292 - Grady suspension
020098 - Eibach suspension

coreysmoo@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>That sounds like a terrible way to do business.
>
>This is basically a breakdown of the scenario:
>
>I buy a product from a store.  The product is defective.  I take said product back to the store.  The store tells me they won't take it back and I have to deal with the issue directly with their distributor.
>
>Could you imagine if Wal-Mart told you that you would have to call Johnson & Johnson directly if the Band-Aids you just bought from them wont stick?  They would never do that.  Because it is common knowledge that if you sell a crappy product, then don't take action to correct it, that is just plain bad business.  No business, to my knowledge, wants to be known for selling crappy products for an exorbitant price.
>
>Corey
>2423
>

>To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: hmcelraft@xxxxxxxxxxx: Sun, 20 May 2007 14:59:47 +0000Subject: [DML] Re: DMCH performance exhaust (rust issue - need opinions)
>

>What were the warranties from DMCH when you purchased the exhaust? Were they in writing? Do obligations under that warranty belong to DMCH or Jet-Hot? It is common practice to promote manufacturer warranties that do not obligate the seller to anything. If you want dealer or distributor warranties (swap outs, etc.) you usually have to pay something for it.Harold McElraft - 3354--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "coreysmoo" <coreysmoo@...> wrote:>> In August of last year, I bought DMCH's performance exhaust system. > I have no problem with the system itself and love it. My problem is > that I have had the system on the car for roughly 7 months and there > is a nice build up of surface rust on it already. > > One of the mechanics at DMC Midwest told me that it looks like rust > that should take years to build up. I don't drive the car every > day, and keep it in a garage under a cover, so it is not exposed to > the elements very much.> > Steven Wynne personally took a look at the exhaust at the DMC > Midwest grand opening and told me that they get these systems coated > by Jet-Hot coatings and I would have to talk to them to fix this > problem.> > I called Jet-Hot and they told me that they will correct the problem > for free under warrenty for up to 3 years, but I would have to send > in the exhaust system to them to be repaired. They also told me > that I am responsible for shipping and any other costs not covered > by the warrenty.> > Now, my question is, do you think DMC should have to flip the bill > for removing the exhaust, shipping, and putting it back on the car? > I didn't pay $1,500 for a system that I would have rust problems > with after only 7 months of being on a garage kept car. I don't > have ready access to a lift and it would be quite a pain in the ass > for me to get the exhaust on and off in my garage.> > Penny for your thoughts?> > Corey> 2423>

>moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

> [...]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: