[DML] Re: actual door opening clearance

I can certainly testify that the door doesn't need a lot of room to
open.  I took my car to friend's apartment last year and they were
talking about severe weather like damaging winds and hail on the news.
 I wasn't about to leave my car outside so he told me I could park it
into his garage that the apartments supplied.  This garage was like 8
feet wide and I think 14 feet long and packed with 2 motorcycles and a
bunch of other junk.  We spent about 45 minutes re-arranging things
around and I pulled my car in and honestly this is no exaggeration, I
had a about a foot of room on the drivers side when I got it in.  I
was so worried my door wouldn't open because I would have be stuck in
there, but to my extreme surprise my door opened perfectly with enough
room for me to get out and keep my car out of the weather. I know if I
was in a regular car there would have been no way for me to ever get
out.  So when it was all said and done with we had 1 DeLorean, 2
motorcycles and a bunch of my friends and his roommate's stuff in this
tiny garage.  I did take a picture when we got my car in, I'll have to
find it and prove how cluttered it was.

So that is my story on how well I trust that the cars doors will open
in such a small area.  Now I wish other car manufacturers would take a
chance and make a new gullwinged car.  Yeah right, like that will ever
happen!

James
6408

<*> Your email settings: