[DML] Re: Cleaning Fuel Injectors

Hi Paul,
     I thought about doing the same thing myself.  I was going to use
a solution of Berryman's Chemtool/B-12.  I'd definitely stay away from
the soapy water solution.  Just my opinion, worth what it cost you....:)
     In the end I just sent them to John.  I am glad I did, too.  I
ended up having three with a bad spray pattern and two with major
leak-down issues....something I would not have been able to test.
John puts the cleaning fee towards new injectors if you have to buy
them, IIRC.  It is a good deal and at least you know where you stand
when he is done.  Besides, he also tests the new injectors (if you
have to buy them) before he sends them to you.  That's also a very
good thing because one of the new ones had a spray problem and I'd
never have known.
     I just reinstalled them on Saturday.  I recommend installing the
left bank as 4-5-6 and not 6-5-4.  I put #6 in first and by the time I
got to #4 there were so many wires and hoses in the way that it was a
real bear to seat that last injector.

Good luck.  Hope you find your spray patterns are all good.  New
injectors have gone up.

Matt
VIN 16816

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet@...> wrote:

> I know that John H. can test and clean injectors (and I may take you up
> on it John after I check them myself), but I have an ultrasonic cleaner
> at home and wondered what should be used as a solution to clean
> injectors if I need to.  I haven't pulled them yet, but want to prepare
> in case there is debris distributing the spray pattern.  Do I use
> mineral spirits, thinner, soapy water??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul
> Vin 10944