[DML] Re: Safely Removing Upper Door Panel

[DML] Re: Safely Removing Upper Door Panel

With the door open you get a long thin prybar or screwdriver and pop
the upper edge by the window, fir tree by fir tree. You might have
luck getting the window to go down if you push on it as you hold the
switch. Don't worry about doing more damage to the regulator, chances
are you will be replacing it. If you mess up the fir trees you can buy
more. Do NOT pry on the lower edge of the panel, you will not get it
off that way without damaging it and maybe the lower panel too. You
*may* damage the upper panel where the fir trees go in. No way to
avoid that, just fix it up best you can after you get it apart.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

-- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rob Greenhaw <wylldshark@...> wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to safely remove the upper
door panel when your window will not go down?  I need to get in there
to investigate what needs to be done inside; the manual says to do the
window down and then pull up on the panel but my driver's side window
does not roll down.  The motor makes that clickety sound.  I don't
want to hurt the firtrees or bend the panel's bottom tabs so what is a
safe alternative to the usual way?

>   Thanks,
>   Rob Greenhaw
>   VIN 791