[DML] Re: Dunlop tires

A 215/65R15 is virtually the same diameter as a 235/60R15 - 806 revs
per mile vs 803. It is about 3/4 inches narrower. The new Michelin
Pilot Exalto AS is available in the alternate rear size - the front
195/60R14 is also available - both H rated - same tread and side
wall. I'm guessing but I would expect the ride to be better with the
narrower tire. Traction is not a DeLorean problem so the narrower
tire should not be an issue. The 215/65R15's seem to have more
matches with the front sizes.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "outatym2001" <markman660@...> wrote:

> DUNLOP GT QUALIFIER T.
>   Got the original stock rims on my '81 DeLorean rear 235/60R15
> front 195/60R14 and I've put about 2,000 miles on this set in four
> months.  Live just 3-1/2 miles from work.  I followed the DeLorean
> handbook recommendation of 30 psi rear and 23 psi front for normal
> driving.  At freeway speeds you do have to raise your voice.  It's
> not bad.  There is a little more noise coming from the rear tires
> than I like.  They're not quiet either.  You can guesstimate your
> mph by the pitch and tone from the tires.  My commute to work is
> just 3-1/2 miles and the speed limit is 35 mph max.  The tires let
> you know they're spinning when you hit 30 mph and just get deeper
in
> tone at higher speeds.
>   I used the Dunlops twice in the snow.  Decent traction when
> traveling at speeds below 35 mph.  I didn't try going faster.
> Although, when trying to start on a hill from a dead stop,
initially
> there's some rear wheel spin which eventually will get you rolling
> then once your moving the Dunlops dig in and get you where you want
> to go.
>   Good wet traction.  There's some pull when hitting a large puddle
> of water on just one side but not so much pull to cause you to
leave
> your lane.  Of course the tread is new and it displaces a lot of
> water.
>   Overall I'm happy with the set-up.  The only alternative is the
BF

    mailto:dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx