[DML] Re: Battery?

Bill and the group,

I thought it would be as easy as entering `battery' in the search
box at the top of this page, but when I did all I got was battery
power, battery chargers, battery cut off switches, battery cable,
battery drain problem, battery dead, battery strap, battery light.
Nothing about what battery size to use.
Although, I did find message # 64377 interesting about Optima
batteries.
The battery Group Sizes are 75 or 78.  The group sizes are confusing
since two groups can fit in the DeLorean.  That is, the battery
length can vary since the strap is adjustable.
If you like you to spend $$ buy the Optima Red Top group 34/78 for
$169.99 and this includes a three year warranty and it has 800 CCA.
Length x Width x Height 10" x 6-7/8' x 7-13/16".  Height is to top
of terminals.  It comes with side post and top post terminals.
Weight 38.8 pounds.
Or if you like you can tell them you have a 1998 Chevrolet Suburban
since they also use the Group 78 battery.
I personally am using a Napa battery since Napa is the closest store
to my home.  My receipt says part number 7575, $62.39 plus battery
core charge $4.00 plus tax $5.84 = $72.23.

Remember extreme weather conditions affect your auto battery.  Ask
the store sales person how many Cold Cranking Amps you need for
where you live and the conditions you drive in.

Some frequently asked questions from Optima.
http://www.optimabatteries.com/publish/optima/americas0/en/config/pro
duct_info/technology/faq.html
Read all of them.  You'll learn something.

Signing off, Mark R. Vanyo.
Waiting for Toby Peterson to announce the grand opening of DMC
Northwest service center.  He already announced it at
www.dmchelp.com.  So I know the answer.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bill Koenig" <dmc06976@...> wrote:

> What type of battery would you guys recommend?  I saw that someone
> recommended Exide, but what group type for the D?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)