[DML] Re: "The Sacrilege of the PRV " or "To Swap or Not to Swap (the E

[DML] Re: "The Sacrilege of the PRV " or "To Swap or Not to Swap (the En...

Doing an engine swap on the Delorean IMHO won't increase it's value.
On the contrary, you will not be able to sell the car and recover all
of the money you will spend on doing the switch. Add to that the fact
that any future owner will not be able to take the car to a Delorean
shop and expect it to be serviced to the same level he could have
expected had the origional engine been retained. Without extensive
documentaion a future owner can't even change the filters! Hoses,
tune-up parts, etc become hard to source. If a problem should surface
like a misalignment between the engine and the transmission or motor
mounts start breaking or even a weird performance problem, the future
owner is all on his own. While you, the person who currently owns,
maintains, and services the car may be competant enough who will keep
it going after you? These are some of the things to keep in mind
BEFORE you start such a project. That said I would NEVER want anyone
saying I am stifling creativity. The 2 engine Delorean, the Chevy
powered one, the Lotus powered one, etc, are incredible. I would not
buy one but I am sure for the right price you will always find a
buyer. The market is the final determiner of the true value, I can
only express my opinions I cannot determine the value of any car. Just
fully document any changes you do. Not only for the next owner, but
for yourself so if you DO forget what kind of filter you found to fit
you can always get another!!!!!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "supremeadmiralsenn" <AdmiralSenn@...>
wrote:

> I believe this is the same reasoning my car's current owner used when
> he did the work on it. He did an awful lot of very difficult work on

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)