[DML] Re: "The Sacrilege of the PRV " or "To Swap or Not to Swap (the E

[DML] Re: "The Sacrilege of the PRV " or "To Swap or Not to Swap (the En...

I believe this is the same reasoning my car's current owner used when
he did the work on it. He did an awful lot of very difficult work on
the existing engine, when he could have relatively easily swapped in a
Chevy, Ford, Nissan, etc engine instead.

-Adam

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Soma576@... wrote:

> I have always  felt more 'awe-inspired' when looking at a perfectly
detailed
> concourse-ready  stock DeLorean, than looking at a
similarly-maintained one
> with a different  engine in it.  While it may be cool as hell to
have one with a
> really  interesting engine swap (the twin-engined D or a really clean
> high-power  PRV-derived engine like Martin has been working on),
there is some kind
> of  spirit or aura that disappears as soon as the car's engine has
been
> modified.  It hasn't made the car worse and a sacrilege has not been
 committed, but
> I think most owners would agree that something has changed that  it
cannot
> take back.
>
> At what point is the 'spirit' gone?  I don't know.  I have  removed
my engine
> and replaced the exhaust system on mine with DMCH's  headers.  I
think it has
> stirred the spirit but it hasn't left yet.   Maybe part of the
spirit is
> being able to tell on-lookers that they are looking  at a DeLorean
engine, for
> better or worse.
>
> I think its very hard to explain, but I do know it is there.  I
don't  think
> it is anything to argue or get nasty over, it is just a feeling that
 certain
> cars produce.  And no I am not religious!
>
> Andy

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: