Re: [DML] Re: "The Sacrilege of the PRV " or "To Swap or Not to Swap (t

Re: [DML] Re: "The Sacrilege of the PRV " or "To Swap or Not to Swap (the En...

I have always  felt more 'awe-inspired' when looking at a perfectly detailed
concourse-ready  stock DeLorean, than looking at a similarly-maintained one
with a different  engine in it.  While it may be cool as hell to have one with a
really  interesting engine swap (the twin-engined D or a really clean
high-power  PRV-derived engine like Martin has been working on), there is some kind
of  spirit or aura that disappears as soon as the car's engine has been
modified.  It hasn't made the car worse and a sacrilege has not been  committed, but
I think most owners would agree that something has changed that  it cannot
take back.

At what point is the 'spirit' gone?  I don't know.  I have  removed my engine
and replaced the exhaust system on mine with DMCH's  headers.  I think it has
stirred the spirit but it hasn't left yet.   Maybe part of the spirit is
being able to tell on-lookers that they are looking  at a DeLorean engine, for
better or worse.

I think its very hard to explain, but I do know it is there.  I don't  think
it is anything to argue or get nasty over, it is just a feeling that  certain
cars produce.  And no I am not religious!

Andy

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: