[DML] Re: DMC spark plugs

FYI the Bosch identifier for the single electrode platinum plug is
HR6DP, I should know as I still have many sets left over from a case I
bought about 7 years ago. I wouldn't even give these away because they
perform so poorly. I cant explain what or why it happens with these
specific plugs but I have installed them on both 5-speeds and
automatics and found a loss of acceleration and poor idle. I found the
 standard Bosch silver is a far superior plug for the Delorean when
compared with the platinum plug. Additionally, I installed the
platinum plugs with OEM ignition components.

Sean
--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tom Niemczewski" <dmctom@...> wrote:

> What seems to be the problem with the single electrode Bosch
platinum plugs?
> Can you tell us what the bad results are?
> I keep hearing this rumor that those plugs are bad but no one can ever
> explain why. And the reason I ask is because those are the plugs
recommended
> by the engine manufacturer! Check out the owners manual, page 38,
middle
> column under Electrical system. It says the following: Spark Plugs
Bosch
> HR6DS (Platinum Tipped). And those are the single electrode plugs.
>From my
> experience single electrode Bosch platinum plugs give the best
results in

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: