[DML] Hot exhaust

Hi,

I have been battling with this problem for some time (as Martin
knows -dmc UK) but i wanted to know if anyone else has experienced
this problem and offer some suggestions.

A brief run down of the situation is that i have a supercharged
engine with EFI. The car hadn't ran for 10+ years before these
installations.

When i had it on the Dyno it started to ping VERY violently at
around 4000rpm so we had to shut it down. I had some custom cerimac
extractors fitted and i noticed that the ceraminc coating had
discoloured on cyclinders 1 & 2 only. (free flowing with no tight
bends etc)

After the engine has warmed up at a high idle number one and two
extractors are around 300+ deg c while the rest are around 180 deg c
hense the reason for the discolouring and i presume the high tepms
are causing the pinging.

Injectors and rails have been checked and appear to be operational.
The EFI computer side/timing etc has been checked by the software
engineer and appear to be normal. I have also changed the plugs for
new ones with a number 6 heat range.

If everything was hot or lean or one complete bank or something then
i could understand but i have reached a stand still!

I have been advised by Martin that the cam timing on cyc 1,2,3 bank
is 2deg advanced from the factory which could be concidered as a
small factor if all three were running hot.

Any suggestions ? ?

Cheers, Nick

Australia

<*> Your email settings: