Re: [DML] melted fuse/fusebox

Like Dale said, the melting is due to oxidation of the aluminum fuse
blades.  Resistance increases, therefore heat increases, eventually
melting the positions with the highest draw and most corrosion.  If one
of the endangered positions is #1 or #7, you'll want to move quickly to
replace it.  Those fuse the coil [#1] and the armature [#7] of the RPM
relay.  #7 is the fuel pump fuse.

A semi-permanent fix is to replace the affected positions with a fused
link: a fuse holder for the bladed fuses that the D uses.  Just clip the
wires from the back of the fuse box on the position you're replacing and
crimp or solder in the fuse holder.

The permanent fix is a new fuse box.  We have had them made up and offer
the with or without the top.  Complete with connectors, fuses and
instructions. $89.95 w/cover, $79.95 without.
http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewPart.asp?PID=3263&Qty=1&ShowCart=true
Warren at DMC

alfredo_ravasco wrote:
> ive had two fuse melted on my d however everything is running fine
> till last week the aircon fuse melted and obviously no more aircon.
> however the car still runs fine, i recently moved to las vegas and its
> very hot. now my question is how hard is it to change the fuse box and
> with all the connections and fuses...any advise will be appreciated..
>
> freddie r
>
> vin o6048

> moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

> Yahoo! Groups Links