[DML] Re: Door latch/rod issues

Hi Derek,

You mention a couple issues with your doors, and the first you
mention is that the front latch is not latched securely (the front
of the door moves when hitting bumps).

This seems to typically be a striker pin adjustment issue. I suspect
the front latch is only on the first latched position and is not in
the second position. Sometimes when the door behaves as yours,
owners will mistakenly adjust the striker pin inwards thinking it
will hold the door more securely against the doorjamb.

The striker pin often needs to move outward a little bit in order to
be out far enough to trip the second latch position.

    Knut