[DML] Door latch/rod issues

This week will be the week I fix my door issues. I took my door apart today, for the first
time ever, so please excuse my poor 'door parts' terminology.

The problems:

(1) Drivers side front latch never seems to lock. Front of door moves/shakes outward when
going over bumps on road.

(2) With the doors locked, lifting up the handle on the drivers door causes the lock button
to shift from the fully locked position (pushed back) to a 50% I'd call it position. Doors are
still locked. Passenger door when you pull up on the handle nothing moves. Drivers door
has resistence when lifting up when locked, passenger door doesnt. Assuming something
is wrong with the drivers side rods.

What I have got so far for the problems:

(1) Took apart the door and removed the front latching mechanism. When touching none
of the levers (and its in the unlocked state) I can move the U mechanism to the closed and
open state and it never clicks in or locks in where the door handle would be needed to
open it. I am assuming this is broken as if the rear one worked like this (it doesn't, it will
'lock' when closed requiring the handle to open) then the door would never stay closed
unless its locked. The mechanism seems very stiff, and almost as if it was removed and
greased before with something very thick. Assuming its trashed and I need a new one.

(2) With the problem front latch mechanism out I thought maybe this problem would be
fixed by itself, having never seen the inner door workings before. Wrong. With the door
locked, lifting up on the handle moves the central lever that connects to the rest of the
system. Is this supposed to happen?

Thanks,

-Derek #10084