[DML] New Local Groups, ...was Re: D.C. group

[DML] New Local Groups, ...was Re: D.C. group

Marc,

My answer to your question, as to why people are forming other groups when
there is the DMA,  is simply that I would like to get together more often  then
the DMA has its meetings.  One way to make this easier to accomplish  is to
have a more local group.  That is why I am trying to get people  interested in
joining the Long Island - New York DeLorean Motor Club, that  I am trying to
form.  No dues, just fun.  This is not meant to take  away anyone from the DMA,
of which I still am a member.  It is meant to  make it easier for people in
the LI - metro NY area to get together.

We kind of had our first meeting a couple of Fridays ago when 4 of us went
to a local cruise night.  In addition to meeting up with friends that we  have
not seen in a while I did get to help change some struts and then we went  out
for some pizza.  I'd say we all had a nice time.

Along those lines... I would like to invite anyone interested in joining  the
Long Island - New York DeLorean Motor Club to eMail me at doctorDHD at
aol.com.

We (well I for now) are planning to attend a "Studebaker and Orphan Car
Show" on Sunday, September 10.  The show is at Marjorie Post Park in  Massapequa,
NY on Unqua Road between Sunrise Hwy and Merrick Road. Registration  is $15 at
the show with raffles and awards / trophies.  Scheduled for 9 am  - 3 pm.
Please contact me so I can see how many are interested.

Thanks,

Dave Delman
D² & 6530

Re: D.C.  group
Posted by: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx  malevy_nj
Date: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:41 pm (PDT)

All of  these areas fall in to the coverage of the DMA.
DeLorean Mid  Atlantic.

http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com

I have asked the  question a number of times as to why
people feel the need to start new  "groups" in the area
when the DMA has been serving DeLorean owners  and
enthusiasts for many years.

It is great to see people take  initiative, organize
groups and events, and create more enjoyment  for
DeLorean owners....  I just still don't understand why
they  could not do that under the umbrella of the DMA.