[DML] Re: pinging and ignition advance

Your mixture may be too lean. That can happen from vacuum leaks or
just a wrong adjustment. If the motor is running too hot that can
cause pinging. Check it's temp with a thermometer or an IR meter. Try
another tank of fuel from another vendor. Maybe there is water in it.
Inspect the tank. You would see a bubble of water floating around on
the bottom if there is any in there. Maybe the noise you hesr isn't
pinging but cross-fire. Recheck the firing order, routing of the
wires, gap of the plugs, and the condition of the ignition wires,
distributer cap and rotor.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757