[DML] Re: Freeze 12?

First, if your original R-12 system is working fine, don't worry about
it. If it starts leaking, then rather than buying cheap questionable
alternative freon to keep filling it, or spending the $$ to convert to
134A, JUST FIX YOUR ORIGINAL SYSTEM! Stop the leaking, put the R-12
back in it - problem solved. Yes R-12 is expensive but if you are not
leaking it, who cares. It's a one time expense to do the job right,
then you move on. I don't care how well the converted 134A systems, or
this Freeze 12 stuff people are putting in their systems cools... blah
blah blah. As well as those cool, R-12 simply cools better, and it's
what belongs in there. If your system is not leaking, you're not going
to have to keep paying the R-12 price. Lord knows what that Freeze 12
stuff is doing to the system while it's "working". Sure, it's cooling,
but who knows what's slowly happening to your system as the result of
it's use. You never know, one day what started as just a leaky hose
could turn into a need to replace the whole system because someone was
too cheap to fix it right the first time, and took the easy half azzed
route. Don't ask me how I know this.

As far as R-12 availability goes, there's a ton out there. If you're
that concerned about it, get certified to purchase it (easy) and buy a
supply of it to put away.

A properly functioning R-12 system is the best possible means of
cooling the passenger compartment. If that's what you have, just keep
it maintained.

Dan W.
VIN 16192

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rod Dillman <rhdillman@...> wrote:

> I noticed from an earlier post that some are using Freeze 12 to
replace R-12 in our origional AC systems. Are the two compatible so
that Freeze 12 can just be added to an R-12 system that is getting low
on refrigerant or does the R-12 system have to be evacuated first? If
so, does anything else have to be done to the system before adding the
Freeze 12? I have been fortunate and have never had to add R-12 to my
DMCH refurbished car in the 5 years I have owned it. I plan to  stick
with R-12 as long as it is available if  I need to add refrigerant to
the system.  If R-12 becomes unavailable is Freeze 12 a better
alternative than 134a?  Thanks,  Rod