[DML] Re: DMC-12000 series spare

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael Fischer"
<michael.fischer@...> wrote:
>  So, I just had my space-saver spare fixed .. For the usual bead
leak, and
> just noticed cast onto the "rim" is:
>
> "For use on DMC-12000 series vehicles only" ... But all the pic's
I've found
> online of the spare, don't seem to have anything stamped/molded into
them

> So, do we have yet another possible model number? :)

James Espey mentioned something on DMC Help about the 12XXX series
cars being (the few I assume) converted to right hand drive, then
re-VINed so they could be sold. Here's his quote from part of a much
larger post:

----------
"...However, all regular VIN DeLoreans 500-7199, 10XXX, 11XXX, 15XXX,
16XXX, 17XXX and 20XXX cars were built in Ireland. Even the RHD
converted 12XXX cars were very early cars from Ireland that were sent
for modification and given later VIN's so they could be sold."

Beyond this, I have no clue about the 12XXX series. I didn't even know
it existed until I saw this. Can someone provide more?

Dan W.
VIN 16192
AZ-D