RE: [DML] Re: Stainless Frame Features

Bryan,
I interviewed you (twice) about the frames and I think they are great!
I think if not for the cost, everyone would get one if they could.
I think some of the improvements you made were excellent.

There was only two thoughts I wanted to add in.
One, I think the optional front arms should be standard on the frame.
It doesn't make much sense to have everything but the front suspension
be stainless.....

The other was about the front crumple tubes.
I have to assume that you haven't crash tested any of these,
and being that your tubes are made of thicker stronger metal I am
betting that rather than "crumple" like the weaker welded on versions
that they would shear the bolt heads off, or tear at the mountings or
worse do nothing it at all and compress the frame to bend at another
weaker spot.
I suppose this isn't really an issue because the type of head on crash
needed to do that would mostly likely kill you anyway....
I was just wondering if you had put much thought into that at all?
Should front tubes be made of a thinner material to allow easier crushing?

I have wrecked my car before, slamming into a car at about 30 MPH.
The frame and steering was untouched, but the front fiberglass was
broken up pretty bad. (I felt nothing by the way, no injury at all)

Here are some photos from 01/24/04 - http://dfwdmc.com/wreck.html
We repaired everything to like new in the end.

Not trying to pile on you and make things worse, but I figure if you
are in the mood to defend your frame this is a good time to ask the
question.
All in all, I hope I can afford to get one of your frames for my next
DeLorean
project car as I plan to put in a different engine and modernize the car
quite
a bit. With a stainless frame, and the added features of the car, you would
truly
have a car that could last forever.....

- Videobob