Re: [DML] Optima Batteries?

Dave:

Yes I had the same problems with Optima batteries.  I had both a
"Red" and "Yellow" label.  They are fine batteries with plenty of
power until they fail.  They are stronger then the typical batteries
offered on the market.  BTW.... before the Optima batteries, I had
three "Delco 60 months" rated and they failed too.

My first "Red" top was purchased from Rob at PJ Grady when he was
selling the Optima line.  Some two years later, the "Red" developed
one dead cell, which render the whole battery useless for it wouldn't
kick the engine over with only 10 volts output.  I had informed Rob
about the battery as to obtain a replacement and only to find out
that he dropped the Optima line, for the Optima?s returns on
defective batteries and the pro rating policies was a pain for Rob to
continue selling the Optima Line to serve his customers.

Anyway, I then went to a local automotive audio store and purchased a
"Yellow" top Optima.  A year and a half later, the Yellow battery
failed too.  Since the failure yellow Optima had failed during the
week of my birthday.  My nephew and friends had all chipped in to buy
me the top of the line Sears battery as a surprise birthday gift.  I
personally never have thought much of the Sear's line of batteries,
but since it was a gift I accepted it and I have enjoyed every second
of it for the last thirty months.  This Sears battery have lasted
longer then all of the other batteries that had been in my DeLorean.

Kayo Ong
Lic  9D NY