Re: [DML] DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?

Re: [DML] DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?

I too agree, I helped seteup the show, though I was not involved in
the logistics of making it happen, it looked like a nightmare for Ken.
 I tried to get a very special DeLorean to the show but the logistics
made it impossible for me to make it happen.

I was there very early Friday morning to help setup the museaum and
other displays, I can tell you this, a Tellis carrier is HEAVY.  Along
 with about 35 display cases, etc.

Then I was volunteered by a Concours judge to judge non-Consours cars.
 I totally enjoyed judging the cars, along with the 3 other judges who
needed a little education about judging DeLoerans, but not much.  I
saw great cars and some cars that could be great if the owner decided
to actually CLEAN them before judging (I'll post more on this later).
 It took us all day from 9am to 5pm to judge all cars.

But back to the point.  The DeLorean Car Show is our show.  If you
want it to happen on the west coast, make it happen, that's about all
it takes, make it happen.

Hell I'll drive my car(s) out there, clean it up there and have it
judged.  I don't have garage queens and I drive my cars to shows.
Trailers are for cars that aren't registered, extremely special cars,
and wimps.  That's my personal opionion, most of the winning cars at
this show were driven to the show.  I am not talking about Concours,
but I would like to see one driven to a show and win.

The DOA, of which I am a member, announced something in your
neighborhood, Las Vegas, for next May I believe, I didn't pick up a
copy of the magazine, as I should get it in the mail.

Sorry for rambling but I just got home from DCS.

Bernie

PS Don't forget to post your VIN pic to me.