[DML] Re: Need help with upper speedometer cable removal from back of sp

[DML] Re: Need help with upper speedometer cable removal from back of speedometer

I should have clarified it better in my post. I can release the cable
housing from the cluster with the quick release tab no problem at all.

Just the actual cable that does the turning inside the housing is
stuck in the back of the speedometer. Nothing seems to want to budge
this cable from the back of the speedometer.

Really confused as I have removed instrument c;usters before and the
quick release usually releases the whole cable.

Now when I use the quick release on this one just the housing comes al
the way off, the damn cable is stuck, plus I don't need to use the
upper speedo cable, as mine is fine. Plus I've bent this one trying to
pull it out with extreme force, but I'm afraid something is going to
break, as I can't see what is holding just the cable this strongly
into the socket in the back of the speedometer.

I'm confused big time here, I've had this thing for a year and a half,
but have never been able to get the cable off of it to use it. I got
the entire cluster for a good price, and didn't want to spend the big
$$$$ for a new speedo just over this cable. I recently bought a trip
odometer rebuild kit for it, which brought me back to the darn cable
issue again.

Thanks for any help,

-Joe O'Brien