Re: [DML] DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?

Re: [DML] DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?

Robert,

my sons and I just got back with our two trucks and trailers (mainly
full of DCS equipment) after finishing loading up today at noon

Ken is presently stuck on the side of I-65 with one of his trucks and
trailers - his other truck and trailer just made it back

one of the issues you have to consider is logistics - for Ken's
show's, there is a tremendous amount of equipment to transport - it is
simply not economically feasible to rent all the necessary items, and
have them delivered and set up by an exhibition company for a show
that is done on a shoe-string budget

this year was even worse because of the museum - those who saw the
quantity of display cases and computers, and noticed the amount of A/V
equipment know what I mean

this year, it was even necessary to rent a local storage building to
take equipment in multiple trips (there was not enough transport
capability that we could beg borrow or steal to do it in one trip)

it was also necessary for Ken to transport the 3-M giveaways and the
Raffle Car (fortunately we did not have to brings those items back!)

it _could_ be done with everything provided and setup by an expo
company, but this is not Comdex, and the admission cost would have to
go up an amount that would kill the show, as well as charging the
vendors a huge fee for the privilege of being there

there are also numerous organizational trips that have to be made
before a show site is even chosen and confirmed

thus, I suspect that DCS is probably going to stay in a certain radius
of Cincinnati, Ohio

there are other groups who do other shows in other parts of the
country/world if OH/TENN/IL/PA is too far to travel for your taste:

Eurofest just had their event in Ireland

DMC Houston does their event at their facility in Houston

if I recall correctly, DOA made an announcement Friday of a possible
show in 'Vegas

and there are others...

all of these show organizers also have to consider logistics: most
seem to keep their shows close to home - probably for the same reason
as DCS

there are a lot of people who travel from all over the country and the
world to attend the various Delorean shows

if you want something to change, take matters into your own hands and
do something constructive about it

if you want a show in your back yard, get active with your local clubs
and start volunteering lots ands lots of time

a lot of fine folks have been doing this for Ken's shows - I can
personally say after my first experience that it is a lot of fun, a
lot of work, but very satisfying - Delorean owners and fans are a
great group to work with, and very appreciative

Cliff