[DML] Re: i fitted the wings b cool update kit (snip)

[DML] Re: i fitted the wings b cool update kit (snip)

Harold and List - The short circuit was found to be caused by a
defective relay that was included in our kit.  One of the relay pins
dislodged from its mounting during insertion into the relay socket,
and shorted across some internal components in the relay housing.  I
am assuming at this time that it was a random manufacturing defect in
this particular relay, rather than a design defect.  These relays have
performed very well in all applications that we have used them for.  I
will be contacting the manufacturer on Monday with information
regarding this failure, and will be asking for their service
experience with these relays.  Further, I will keep the List apprised
of the results of my investigation into this failure.  I have been
operating this installation in Winged1 for nearly 10 years with no
issues whatsoever, and our installation is based on the sound and
proven design of Mr. McElraft.  As he noted, Harold is in no way
connected with DeLorean Parts Northwest, but he is a highly valued
contributor to the entire DeLorean community.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft@...>