From: James Espey <james@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:10:29 -0000
Subject: [DML] New dash/binnacle and other parts update

Fourth set of samples for the dash in due in next week. The last sets
of dashes/binnacles had problems where they were not interchangeable
NEW to OEM - for example, an original dash and a new binnacle did not
fit well together and vice versa. This fourth set of samples should
have that corrected.

The vinyl material covering the binnacle has proven very difficult to
match, though we have recently located a supplier who can make it for
us - the problem is the minimum quantity for this special
material/color is 4500 linear meters, at $5 per meter, also about
3500-4000 meters more than we need for binnacles. We're negotiating
now to see what we can get them down to on the quantity.

LH Escutcheons and console covers are approved for production, just
waiting on these last two pieces to be approved so they can all be
molded at the same time.

James Espeu
DMC (Texas)
http://www.delorean.com