Re: [DML] DMCH exhaust with alternate muffler installed

Re: [DML] DMCH exhaust with alternate muffler installed

Hi, Andy:

Your posting on the DMCH exhaust system and your hassle with the
installation as well as the final cost of $1,800 is about the same
cost of the Stainless Exhaust System from England (without the
cats).  Several years ago I had contemplated between the two systems
and I had decided on the Stainless Steel System for it is
manufactured with a heavier gauged stainless steel with the tubing
and the muffler.  The Stainless Steel System is all welded together
with mounting flanges that used to installed the system together by
nuts and bolts and not by the traditional muffler clamps as used by
DMCH.  The welds on the Stainless Steel System are mechanical and
artistically done.  The installation of the system was a "no hassle"
as told to me by Pat from PJ Grady who had installed the system.  Pat
had claimed that the Stainless System fitted exactly onto all of the
OEM hanger mounting points and does not need modifications, the only
problem Pat had expressed was that the holes on the mounting flange
which had to be fitted onto the engine block should had been slightly
bigger so it could slipped easier onto the engine's studs -- He had
to ream the holes bigger to give some room to fit onto the engine's
studs.

BTW, there is no "fatiguing" droning effect with the Stainless Steel
System as you expressed with the DMCH system.  This droning effect is
a common problem with the Flowmaster muffler system that I also have
had in the custom fabrication that I had on my DeLorean to which I
had then promptly remove right after I had fro about a month’s time.

All in all, both of the Stainless System and the DMCH exhaust systems
are noisier then the OEM, but the trade off with both systems are
that there will be more power and it is peppier, which offers the
DeLorean with a different feel, as well as it is “be driven.”   With
either system, everyone will notice the unique sound before they turn
their heads to that it is see a DeLorean.....

I still wish the exhaust's decibels is lower so I can hear the
nuisances from my sound system.  Hey, how is your sound system in
your DeLorean?  Any new upgrades or modification since then?

Kayo Ong

Lic 9D NY