[DML] San Diego Rolling British Car Day - report

[DML] San Diego Rolling British Car Day - report

The weather was less than perfect, but we still ended up with a total of 6 Deloreans at this event.  A newspaper article about the event can be found at this address:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northcounty/20060416-9999-1mi16roll.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/qsv34

The reporter was very interested in my car and ended up making me a major part of the article.  I've also become a minor celebrity at work, with a surprising number of people having noticed my name in the article.

In related news, the San Diego British Car Council holds 2 major events each year - the Rolling Car Day in the Spring, and a traditional Car Show on the first Sunday in October.  The 27th Annual San Diego British Car Day will take place on 1 October, 2006 (details at http://www.sandiegobritishcarday.org/)  There was some talk of choosing the Delorean as the featured marque for this year's event.  I want to emphasize that this is not yet certain, but it is being considered.  Last year we had 7 Deloreans in attendance, but not enough had pre-registered to get our own judging category.  With only 6 pre-registrations, we would have a class of our own, instead of being in competition withthe rest of the "Others"!  This group puts on a good show and has some good looking trophies.  I've got 2 nice looking trophies for "Best of Class, Other", and I sure would like a chance to try for one that actually says "Delorean" on it.  Anyone else interested in joining me?

Dave

Buy and sell stocks in NFL teams! Get paid dividends every time your team wins! Free limited-time trial at http://www.AllSportsMarket.com?affiliate=1860