Re: [DML] Re: EFI injector question

Nick wrote:

>Martin -  Sounds like a great kit you are offering

Not yet...... trying to get one built for Eurofest, but the crucial bit
we were waiting on was the "if" the ECU could be adapted for odd-fire.
It can and has been shown on a bench to successfully trigger the stock
ignition amplifier. There is no real reason to bin the distributor, but
the advance weights will need to be immobilised. We have enough spare
distributors to do this on exchange though! Only one incarnation of the
PRV did not use a distributor of some kind, and only then because it
didn't fit in the engine bay.

We've been tuning D engines for 3 years now and the biggest single gain
before going to internals is re-mapping the ignition curve.

>FYI I have the ECU activating off a 3 x 120 deg crank triggered hall
>sensor. I had a custom front pulley made for this and modified the
>distrubutor so that i only get a single cam trigger.

Our ECU interpolates the original distributor signal beautifully for
both TDC and phase (because being odd-fire the pattern repeats every two
revolutions). We're going batch fired because I don't really see the
point of full sequential on an old engine like this but we're only
triggering once per 2 revolutions.

#2727's twin turbo is also progressing. A Renault 25 turbo flywheel has
been machined to remove the peculiar "double tooth" pattern and now has
a 66/3 pattern, again adapted for us in a special version of firmware. I
picked up a 25 turbo bellhousing on ebay UK and that has now been built
into a donor transmission (#2727 -was- an auto) and is looking all
spangly ready to be mated to the engine which as of today is now
internally finished and awaiting cleaning and a lick of paint. That's an
even fire 2458cc Renaul 25 turbo engine built into a DeLorean block with
R25 heads and the Island kit that came with the car.

>The ECU (haltech) i am using is fully programmable to adapt to odd
>fire meaning i can also trigger the injectors at the correct times
>etc..

The biggie is mapping the ignition. Especially with a supercharger you
need that.

>It was hard to believe the amount of wiring i cut out of the engine
>bay by removing the K jetronic.

With a stock of new rists conectiors, expect a new loom to be made :-)

Martin