Re: [DML] Fuel Accumulator

In the past 25 years with 2 Deloreans I've probably replaced 6 or 7
accumulators with the frustrations mentioned in recent posts.  the last
two were very easy for different reasons:

To replace the accumulator on my original Delorean, I attached a wrench
to the fitting that is accessable with the console and access "patch"
removed.  It was much easier getting to the difficult fittings from the
top.  Obviously you will have the time to remove the console, but
access from the top may be the best way to go, particularly if the
console is already out of the car.

On my most recent car that had been setting with gas in the lines for
10 years, I hit the fittings 1 or 2 times a day for a week with Sea
Foam "Deep Creep".  Though tight, the fittings came apart with ease
after a week of this penetrant doing its job.  (WD-40 would probably
have been just as effective.)

When reassembling the last time, I used a thread antiseeze compound
with the hope it works half as well as it did on my exhaust manifold
studs.

Woody

http://mail.yahoo.com