Re: [DML] Fuel Accumulator

I just changed my accumulator a couple of weeks ago, and it was a
royal pain!  I also had the problem of trying to fit and get
leverage on that 17 mm nut on the accumulator (from the hard line)
next to the 19mm nut.  I ground down one side of the stubby wrench
so that the wrench would fit between the 17 and 19 mm nuts.  It did
fit, but I could still not get leverage to loosen the nut.

What I did next is probably not recommended, but I did it anyway.
To loosen the stubborn 17 mm nut, I took a flat bladed long
screwdriver and a hammer, and tapped the edge of the nut with the
screwdriver to loosen it.  Once the frozen nut broke free, then my
ground-down stubby wrench worked fine to finish disconnecting it.  I
then dropped it out of the frame and easily removed the rest of the
connections.

Paul

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd
<martin@...> wrote:

> Once you've cracked off the 17mm fitting that joins the filter
hard line
> to the elbow, you can undo the bracket and drop the accumulator
down.
> It's a bit fiddly but the hose clip on the return line end can now
be
> undone and the accumulator drops through the hole enabling you to
undo
> the high pressure fitting. I've never found stubbys of any use in
this
> job, although a 17mm crowsfoot is invaluable to undo the high
pressure
> hose off the hard line (NB the union MUST be held from the top by
> colleague)
>
> Martin

[moderator snip]