[DML] Re: Lack of fuel pressure

I always advise you start in the fuel tank. Dirt, water, a kinked
suction hose, these things can cause you all kinds of trouble
including the symptoms you have. There is no sense worrying about the
fuel filter or the injectors if the tank still has crud in it. If you
had a tankfull of water you KNOW you have to clean it out. It should
be spotless in there. Any crud will eventually work it's way into your
system and cause you a problem eventually. Since the system
recirculates the crud will all get into the components and cause
trouble. The pump may be bad now that the water got it. The Bosch
K-Jet system is very reliable UNTIL it gets dirty. Like any mecahnical
fuel injection system it does not tolerate dirt (or water) well.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757