[DML] Re: Lack of fuel pressure

Interesting problem,

I had a similar issue with my car. I had all the injectors out and
with the fuel pump jumped I would not get any spray until I would
hear this pop from the fuel distributor (primary pressure regulator
engaging, usually 30-40 seconds after I engaged the pump) It turned
out that my entire system was taking too long to reach operating
pressure because fuel was leaking from the accumulator back into the
return line. I plugged the return line and the fuel pressure problem
went away, long story short I need a new accumulator.

If you jump the fuel pump you should hear a clunk from the engine
compartment confirming that the primary pressure regulator is
engaging once primary pressure is reached. If it is not engaging
then it could be stuck or if it engages only after a while you could
have the problem I mentioned earlier. Other things to look for would
be kinks in the lines especially the pickup line in the tank.

Good luck, I know how darn frustrating fuel problems are.

Nathan
2277