[DML] Windshield Cracked.

Hello everyone.
Do not I repeat Do not I repeat Do not glue the rear view mirror to
your windshield.  Or you will get what I got.  A big ol' crack down
the middle of your windshield.

I included a picture in the PHOTOS section titled Windshield Cracked.

January 2001 went to inspect VIN 02261 "1981 DeLorean" for sale and
there was a big crack in the windshield.  Previous owner had a brand
new/old stock DMC windshield to replace the one with a crack in it.
Puchased VIN 02261 in February 2001 with the brand new/old stock DMC
windshield just installed.  The previous owner had the DMC mirror
glued to the newly installed windshield.

Jump ahead to the winter of 2002/2003 and a crack suddenly appeared
on the interior sheet of glass (you can feel it with your
fingernail) at the exact spot of the black patch.  This crack
started at the black patch and went up the glass until it reached
the top.  The exterior sheet of glass is as smooth as well?glass and
no crack can be felt.

Jump ahead to the spring of 2003 and on the very first warm sunny
day that same crack started a journey in the opposite direction
beginning at the black patch and continued down the windshield until
it reached the bottom.

Jump ahead to today Saturday, March 19, 2006 and I took a photo for
all to see.

Also go to
http://www.geocities.com/at88mph_1999/
and click on Tech Tips and download or copy or whatever you can in
case this web site changes names or is no longer in existence.  It's
chock full of handy tech tips.

Mark R. Vanyo
VIN 02261
July, 1981