Re: [DML] Windshield Cracked.

Mark, & list:

Did you glue the mirror to the glass windshield, or to the black patch
on the windshield?

I bought my DeLorean 2 years ago and the mirror was very loose,
"secured" with double-sided sticky tape. My windshield appears stock
as best as I can tell; it has a square black patch where the mirror
should mount that seems to be "built into" the windshield.

I promptly superglued the mirror to the black patch using the gel type
superglue, making sure to not get any glue on the glass itself.
Several people jumped on me, told me this would break the windshield,
but I assumed I'd be fine since I glued to the black patch and not to
the glass itself.

A year ago the mirror fell off. Apparently I didn't use enough
superglue. I tried one of those glass mirror-mount pads from the local
auto supply store as directed from someone on the list and it didn't
work at all. Flat out refused to stick to that black patch. I believe
those were made to stick to glass, and this black patch isn't glass.

So I superglued the mirror back on. It fell off again a few weeks ago
and I superglued it again. Seems to last 8 to 12 months every time I
glue it.

My windshield is still intact, without any cracks, but if there is a
better way here, I'd love to hear it.

-Ryan