[DML] Loss of electrical power problem

Ok, long story short a new plug wire set was put on
the car, and I recently re-tuned the car (last
Sunday), modifying the position of the throttle plates
from being a tad bit open to being completely and
totally closed when the car idles.  Here we go:

Today, I was driving at about 45mph with the temp
gauge near 160 (unmarked line before 220), and I made
a sudden stop due to a car stopping in front of me.
Well, when I did this - my car died.  I restarted and
figured it was a fluke.  I did it again just to test
it - 45mph and sudden stop - my car died again.  So I
waited until the transmission fully shifted into 3rd
(auto tranny), and slowly came to a gradual stop.
When I did this, the car downshifted from 3rd to 2nd
well, but from 2nd to 1st - when it downshifted - the
rpms jumped down from 1000 to 500 and then shot right
back up to 1000 - so suddenly my battery and oil light
came on and off as if the car aaalllmosttt lost it.

Also now, if I mess with the mixture screw at all -
lean it or enrichen it - when I pull the allen wrench
out of the hole, the car will die every time.  I
haven't messed with it in forever - but considering
the nature of the car and practically having to retune
when doing a tuneup, I had to adjust the mixture
screw, and that is how I found this symptom (one of my
plug wires hadn't been firing so this adjustment was
necessary considering I don't run the lambda system at
ALL).

When I drove home tonight, I noticed my battery light
was just spazzing - flickering extremely rapidly.  I
got out, wiggled/tightened the power plug on the side
of the alternator, and the battery light stopped
flickering.  After I did this, all the symptoms of the
car dying (minus tuning the mixture screw) seemed to
disappear.  Keep in mind, this was less than a 1 mile
test drive as I was in my neighborhood and it was
about 1am so I couldn't do a full test drive/stop-go
conditions, and the car was a bit warmer than earlier
when the symptoms were prevalent.  Could all of those
symptoms have been caused by a loose electrical
connection to the alternator and the engine wasn't
getting adequate power to deal with the sudden stops?

This is a new one for me, and maybe all I need to do
is reposition the throttle plates where I had them for
the last two years.  I don't like the car dying like
that in the middle of the street due to a sudden stop.
 That's extremely dangerous...

Jeremiah

http://mail.yahoo.com