[DML] Re: Loss of electrical power problem

[DML] Re: Loss of electrical power problem

It sounds to me like you have more bad connections. The battery should
have kept the motor from dying so I would recheck all the big
connections from the battery to the starter, alternator, and frame.
All the wires going to the output terminal of the alternator carry the
power between the alternator, the battery, and the car's electrical
system. A very important point. If your wiggling it has an effect that
is not good. That can cause all kinds of symptoms including a bad
idle, the car dying, etc. I would also check the inertia switch. It
should have a white paint splotch on it and be on the cowl, not the
Lambda counter. When you remove the allen wrench after adjusting the
mixture screw you MUST plug the hole in the housing to prevent a huge
vacuum leak. It sounds like someone upped the idle to overcome
stalling. Fix the electrical problems and many of these symptoms will
go away. I would start by disconnecting the battery and cleaning those
connections and the one on the alternator where all the brown wires
attach. Make sure the idle switch is properly adjusted so it trips at
idle.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757