[DML] Re: Production date, TABs, coolant leak and hood grooves

[DML] Re: Production date, TABs, coolant leak and hood grooves

I just addressed both of these issues you mentioned on my car.

I replaced ALL of the hoses on my car including the entire heater
circuit. To reach the heater control valve and related hoses I put
the car on jack stands on approached some of them from under the
car. The only one that was a total pain in the a$$ was the hose that
connects to the return pipe under the manifold. It took a lot of
WD40 and coaxing. I would say that most likely it is your heater
control valve that is leaking, mine was along with about 4 other
hoses which prompted me to replace all of the 25 year old hoses.

The TABs are the bolts that connect the trailing arms to the frame.
The car needs to be on jack stands (or the rear wheels need to be
suspended) to replace them. Once the wheels are raised you can
loosen the bolts and spin them with a wrench. Observe the trailing
arm while doing so and if it moves up and down the bolt is bent and
should be replaced. Replacement is easy of you have a 5 speed and do
not live in the rust belt. Just be sure to count the alignment shims
before removing the bolts and have a alignment done when you are
finished. Oh, and you need to torque the bolts to 55lbs WITH the
weight of the car on the suspension. I simply backed onto some rams
to tighten the bolts.

All this said, there are a lot of people with more experience and
ability than I who lurk this group, they will undoubtedly chime in.
Also check the archives for more info. Have fun!

Nathan
2277