[DML] Re: gearbox Lube (was movement)

Just a data point - if you have a slightly leaky transmission, it
will be a bit more leaky with the Valvoline Synth, and even MORE
leaky with the RedLine 75W90NS. Shifts nice though.

BTW - Do NOT use Redline MTL in it - this is a differential AND a
gearbox, and the differential is the tougher application. MTL is not
thick enough for the differential.

Also do not use RedLine 75W90(without the NS). Redline's naming
convention is backwards, NS = "Not for Non-Slip" i.e. it is for open
difs like we have. If you use the straight 75W90 it contains the
NonSlip additives which supposedly will make the gear syncros perform
strangely.

If you want further confirmation on this, call RedLine's engineering
department and they will make the same recommendation.

Dave S.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp@...> wrote:

>   I use a Valvoline full sythentic 75W-90.  I highly recommend a
sythentic oil for the manual tranny as it seems to help smooth
shifting (especially into second gear) on those cold mornings.

>   One note of caution: if the transmission isn't sealed well, the
synthetic will probably leak a little.