[DML] Thermal time swich circuit problem, strange need help!

[DML] Thermal time swich circuit problem, strange need help!

OK, my cold start valve will not fire unless the hot start relay is
installed. I removed the thermal time switch connector and touched
the Black/Blue wire to ground while my wife cranked the car: cold
start valve fires fuel (with hot start relay removed). OK, so
normally that means the thermal time switch is bad. I just installed
a new one today and the problem persists with the same symptoms. The
cold start valve will only fire if A: the hot start relay is
installed or B: I touch the Blue/Black wire to ground.

I am assuming that the switch simply grounds the Blue/Black wire to
complete the circuit. Is this assumption correct? I have jumped the
case of the thermal time swich to a known good ground (thinking that
someone used Teflon tape somewhere) to no effect.

If I touch the other wire Blue/Yellow to ground it shorts out and
gets very hot.

In the schematic the two wires simply connect to the two terminals
on the cold start valve, it does not display how the thermal time
switch completes the circuit. My skill at reading schematics is not
all that great, perhaps I am missing something.

I apologize for taking so much space on the board, I just can't
figure this issue out! Thanks in advance for any help.

Nathan
2277