[DML] Water leak under door

Hello again.
  Well, it seems that my D has learned a new trick...
When it rains water runs down around my passenger door and collects on
top of the door seal along the bottom of the door.  From what I can
see the water goes under the seal at a seam between two pieces of
stainless on the door, about halfway down.  The water then collects on
the horizontal portion of the door seal until it's high enough to come
over the sill, someone opens the door (it pours out), or the car is
driven (it sloshes over the sill).
Should there be a drain in the bottom of the seal?  I've seen drains
on other vehicles before, though the thought of punching a hole in a
new door seal frightens me a little...
Anyone else have this problem?

Matt Smith