Re: [DML] Re: Fuel Filter Replacement

It sounds like the typical problem of the crush fitting having no more
crush left in it. I know this won't be of much help, but I have a
collection of new elbows and they all come with the olive and fitting
that go over the hard line. I have an "in situe" pipe flaring kit and
would say that for probably a quarter of the cars I've done a fuel
filter on, I end up cutting off the old union and flaring a new one in
its place (of course having the tools and parts to do it make this an
easier option where perseverance might otherwise work, it's simply
easier). I've had them where the olive spins but won't crack off, I've
had them refuse to seal, and so corroded that I was going to break
something, either in my arm or on the car if I tried any harder!

The elbowx and fittings are really inexpensive, but the pipe flaring kit
is a lot for just one job

Martin